Requirements for Initial Skills Test or Competency Check Report for Private Pilot License
Initial Skills Test
- Logbook Copies of the last 3 pages incl. dated CAREER SUMMARY (Incl. Test Entry, Endorsement of the last Revalidation of his/her Licence, Endorsement of all Class/Type Ratings/Instrument Ratings) in the back of the logbook.
(Electronic Logbooks must be initialled by applicant on each page)
DATED CAREER SUMMARY of Hours Flown “From- To Dates”)…-
Grand Total Hours: …
*Summary must be written in the logbook and not on the example provided above.
*Note that if you recently did an electronic medical that was sent to AVMED, a copy of the A4
medical must be submitted with the documentation.
3) Valid RSA Medical – PPL Class 1 or Class 2
4) Proof of English Language Proficiency
- CA61-01.07 (LPR Test Dated 26 June 2018) or
- Certified copy of SAQA recognised 2 Year tertiary Qualification or School Leavers Certificate (Matric – Past in English First Language with a minimum of D symbol) & Affidavit stating no speech Impediments.
5) Restricted Radio (CA61-01.0c) Dated
6) Proof of Theoretical PPL Exam Reports/Transcript Report
7) Proof of Payment R750.00
WHEN AN INITIAL SKILLS TEST IS DONE, THE LICENCE WILL BE VALID FOR ONE YEAR. AFTER THE FIRST YEAR ANOTHER FLIGHT TEST NEEDS TO BE SUBMITTED AND THEN ONLY A CURRENCY WILL BE RENEWED.