Requirements for English Language Proficiency
1) Forms: CA61-01.07
2) Payment R410.00
3) Proficiency Level will be issued according to the following…
a) An applicant who can provide evidence of Expert English Language Proficiency will be awarded Expert Level 6. The evidence is indicated, but not limited to the following options:
- Copy of School Leavers Certificate(Matric Certificate) – Matric, O or M Level , with a pass in English first language with a minimum symbol of D or its equivalent
- copy of a SAQA recognised 2 year tertiary qualification with English either as a subject or English as a language of tuition and examination.
- Proof of being a present of past native of a nation where English is the first language, e.g. UK, USA, Australia or New Zealand.
b) For alternative language certification the SA CAA will certify the holder of an Instrument Rating for a South African Pilot licence at extended Level 5 and the holder of a South African Private Pilot Licence /Commercial Pilot Licence at Operational Level 4.
- c) An applicant who can provide evidence of Operational English Language Proficiency will be awarded a Level 4. This evidence is indicated, but not limited to the following options to a school leaver’s certificate – Matric, O or M Level, with a pass in English second language with a minimum symbol of its equivalent
Candidates applying for an English rating proficiency in terms of (a) & (b) above are required to submit a declaration that he or she does not suffer from a significant speech impediment or have a heavy accent that would make the spoken English language difficult to understand.