Requirements for Initial Skills Test or Competency Check Report for Private Pilot License
Initial Skills Test
2) Copies (Original Certified by Commissioner of Oath on each page
- Logbook Copies of the last 3 pages & Career Summary (Incl. Test Entry, Endorsement of the last Re-validation of his/her License, Endorsement of all Class/Type Ratings/Instrument Ratings)
(Electronic Logbooks must be initialed by applicant on each page)
New Requirement – CAREER Summary of Hours Flown “From- To Dates”)
Grand Total Hours: …
3) Valid RSA Medical – PPL Class 1 or Class 2
4) Proof of English Language Proficiency
- CA61-01.07 or
- Certified copy of SAQA recognized 2 Year tertiary Qualification or School Leavers Certificate (Matric – Past in English First Language with a minimum of D symbol) & Affidavit stating no speech Impediments.
5) Restricted Radio (CA61-01.0c) Dated
6) Proof of Theoretical PPL Exam Reports/Transcript Report
7) SACAA Fee
WHEN AN INITIAL SKILLS TEST IS DONE, THE LICENSE WILL BE VALID FOR ONE YEAR. AFTER THE FIRST YEAR ANOTHER FLIGHT TEST NEEDS TO BE SUBMITTED AND THEN ONLY A CURRENCY WILL BE RENEWED.