Requirements for Re-validation or Maintenance of Competency for holder of CPL/ATP License (A&H) in the Employment of a Foreign Operator
1) Forms: CA61-19 (Original)
2) Foreign Skills Test (must be submitted within 30 days of Flight Test/PPC Check Date)
3) Letter of employment from company (copy)
4) Copies (not certified):
- Valid Foreign Licence (Indicating Class/Type Ratings and Language Proficiency)
- Valid Foreign Medical
- Last three pages of logbook copies (Incl. flight entry & a dated 12 Month Summary)
(Electronic Logbook pages must be initialled by applicant on each page)
New Requirement – Summary of Hours Flown the last 12 Months … 01/01/2019 – 31/01/2020 – Dates must be indicated as the last 12 months “From- To”)
Grand Total Hours: …
Please Note: Above Summary is ONLY an example, the summary should be recorded in the logbook.
5) Valid RSA Medical / Original Certified Copy or Documents required converting a Foreign Medical:
- History and Examination form (English) signed by both Foreign AME and Pilot, submitted within 60 days from examination.
- Full Eye examination incl. colour vision testing annually (Near Vision must indicate actual values)
- Full Audio-gram annually (submit graph)
- ECG and Stress ECG (submit graph Pilots under 40 every 4 years and over 40 every 2 years)
- Lung Function Tests (submit graph Pilots under 40 every 4 years and over 40 every 2 years)
Please Note: Conversion of foreign medical may take up to 5 working days at the SACAA AVMED
- CPL – R520.00
- ATP – R600.00
If you want to renew another license (A)/ (H) on the same application, 2 x CA61-01.0(a) forms need to be completed attached with the complying logbook copies. Foreign language proficiency ratings need to be converted to the South African Licence and a letter of Request needs to be submitted.