Requirements for Re-validation or Maintenance of Competency for holder of CPL/ATP License (A&H) in the Employment of a Foreign Operator
1) Forms: CA61-19 – note the experience hours must be completed on page 2, no electronic signatures will be accepted. The ISO bar (Form number, date and page number) must reflect on the bottom of the form.
2) Foreign Skills Test (must be submitted within 30 days of Flight Test Date)
3) Letter of Employment from the company (Copy)
- Valid Foreign Licence (Indicating Class/Type Ratings and Language Proficiency)
- Valid Foreign Medical
- Logbook copies of the last 3 pages including the flight entry & a 12 Month Summary (Handwritten logbook summary dated as example below, electronic logbook copies must be signed by Applicant). No certification is required.
Detailed Dated Summary of Hours Flown the last 12 Months …01/05/2020 – 31/05/2021 – Dates must be indicated
Aircraft Types: …
Annual Total: …
Grand Total Hours: …
*Summary must be written in the logbook and not on the example given above.
5) Valid RSA Medical (Original Certified Copy) OR Documents required converting a Foreign Medical:
- ATPL – R640.00
If you want to renew another licence (A)/ (H) on the same application, 2 x CA61-01.0(a) forms need to be completed attached with the complying logbook copies.
Any Ratings that wished to be transferred to South African licence has to be accompanied with a letter of request, logbook copies and payment to CAA (R370.00).
No Tippex will be accepted or amendments/corrections without signature will be accepted on documents.
Should you like to request the SACAA to lift the restriction, on your licence for you to be able to fly in SA, a true certified copy of the Ground Evaluation endorsement done by a SA instructor must be included, a copy of the Ground Evaluation test and the DE must complete section 1 (page 2 of the CA61-19) application form.