Requirements for English Language Proficiency
1) Forms: CA61-01.07 (Original)
3) Proficiency Level will be issued according to the following…
- a) An applicant who can provide evidence of Expert English Language Proficiency will be awarded
- Expert Level 6. The evidence is indicated, but not limited to the following options:
Certified Copy of School Leavers Certificate(National Diploma) – Matric, O or M Level , with a pass in English first language with a minimum symbol of D or its equivalent. Result certificate will not be accepted.
- Certified copy of a SAQA recognized 2 year tertiary qualification with English either as a subject or English as a language of tuition and examination.
- Proof of being a present of past native of a nation where English is the first language, e.g.
UK, USA, Australia or New Zealand.
b)For alternative language certification the SA CAA will certify the holder of an Instrument Rating for a South African Pilot license at extended Level 5 and the holder of a South African Private Pilot License /Commercial Pilot License at Operational Level 4.
c) An applicant who can provide evidence of Operational English Language Proficiency will be awarded a Level 4. This evidence is indicated, but not limited to the following options to a school leaver’s certificate – Matric, O or M Level, with a pass in English second language with a minimum symbol of its equivalent
Candidates applying for an English rating proficiency in terms of (a) & (b) above are required to submit a declaration that he or she does not suffer from a significant speech impediment or have a heavy accent that would make the spoken English language difficult to understand.